Sunday, October 31, 2010

I've been busy. . .


I know many of you are awaiting pictures of Ava's 2nd birthday party, but I have been a little busy.  You see, I find a lot of bloggers are able to write on their blogs daily because they are stay at home moms, or their blog revolves around their business.  I would love to be there one day.  However, right now, I still work a full time job as a physical therapist . . . a small part-time job, again, in physical therapy . . . I make tutus and birthday party decor for numerous friends and family members. . . and most importantly, I am a mother and wife trying to keep it all together for our family.  On top of all that, I recently agreed to participate in a local fundraising event for Henderson's Riverbend Academy called Dancing With Our Stars.  Yep, that's right. . .ballroom dancing!  Dancing is also one of my creative outlets.  I am the "advanced dancer"  (well, not quite, but that is what they are calling me) teaching my star, Brent Bridges of Methodist Hospital, the Argentine Tango!  I accepted this responsibility/challenge back in August, and it has been a blast.  Our performance is 3 weeks away and we are gearing up to deliver an exciting performance.  The Henderson Riverbend Academy is where I learned my ballroom dancing, and it is a visual and performing arts school that provides scholarships to children who would not otherwise be exposed to the arts and helps them to hone those skills.  I am so honored to be able to participate in this benefit.




Today is Halloween!  Our little girl Ava is not feeling too well, but we hope to make one round in the neighborhood this afternoon for trick or treating.  I made her angel costume this year. Wouldn't you bet that she runs away from it every time she sees it!?!  It is a tutu dress with beautiful white angel wings.  So we'll see what happens.  I will keep you posted. . .






And from this little photography session, I learned how difficult it is to take pictures of objects that are white.  :)


Happy Halloween!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment