Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcome Eva Sophia!

This past weekend little Eva Sophia was born!  Congrats to Mom and Dad!  In honor of her birth, I decided to post the custom decor that I worked on for her nursery.  Eva's nursery was done in one of my favorite patterns - black and white damask!  I have my own bedroom done in it, along with a few "tone on tone" damask items in my daughter Ava's room.  Mom did a beautiful job on her nursery and these were my contributions.  I love making hairbow holders for little girls, so I did one with a black border and hot pink and lime green accents.  Little Eva's walls are light green with a black finish on the furniture and black molding.   Mom used hot pink as an accent color to pull the look together.



 * wooden plaque, ribbon - Hobby Lobby, Damask black foiled paper - Making Memories, black glitter paper - Doodlebug Design, green paper - regular cardstock cut with Cricut lettering, flower and rhinestones from my craft stash!

 For Eva's lettering, I did not do a black and white damask pattern because the lettering was less than one inch thick and would not have shown the pattern very well.  Instead, I opted for a black tone on tone flourish paper with a damask ribbon flanked by hot pink ribbon, and finished it off with bright green flowers.


 * Lettering, black paper, ribbon - all purchased at Jo-Ann's, green flower - Prima, ribbon, green rhinestone brad - purchased at Hobby Lobby

Mom was very pleased and I know she is looking forward to bringing home little Eva to her beautiful nursery!


By the way, it was a BEAUTIFUL weekend here!  I think everyone is ready for spring now, so here is a little something to make you smile. . .

*Photography by Donna Davis Photography, Flowers by Prima,  pearl brads and paper - Hobby Lobby, alphabet stickers - American Craft

I put together this scrapbook page this afternoon while I was dreaming of warm weather and bare feet!  We are true Kentucky girls. . .What can I say? :)   Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment